URGENT CALL TO ACTION - BABIES (TO WEANLINGS) ARE IN THE TRAP RIGHT NOW. ANOTHER DEADLINE - WE MISSED THE LAST ONE
Wow, the phone calls just keep coming. We had some heartbreak last week as I was called for 5 weanlings. I knew we would have a deadline, but was given no idea how short it would be. Sadly, I didn't have enough time to find a place where we could keep them or even begin to put out a fundraiser, before it was too late. I sent the text as soon as I found a place, but received one back saying "I already got rid of them". I do not know for sure what that means, but we were pretty close to, if not the "last resort". These "deadlines" are serious as far as being able to commit so we can have a chance to save them.
My understanding is that the babies have to be 400# to be loaded onto the truck. I believe most shippers do not want babies that small on board, due to injuries and babies being trampled or squished during transport, but I can honestly not say what happened to those 5 babies.
We are in Yakima working on Mama Mel's Urgent Care Nursery, as it is imperative that it is ready for winter babies. My phone rang and my heart sank. It was one of the catchers, and he told me he has orphaned babies (ages unspecified) in his trap right now. I NEED TO KNOW WITHIN A FEW HOURS IF THERE IS A CHANCE WE CAN PULL THIS OFF. WE NEED FUNDS FOR PURCHASE, VETTING AND TRANSPORT. We do not have a number, it could be 5 or many more. I was told there are 100 horses where they are trapping and they thought they might get a third. They could get more or less and so there is no way to know how many babies we could end up with. If there are a lot, how do you decide who lives and dies? That is why we need to make sure we have the funds ready to go when it is time.
Thankfully some of the folks we work with on a regular basis have been building their out reach, so these kids will not have to come back to Chilly Pepper.
PLEASE let's NOT miss another deadline. I had no idea the time was so short when we got the last call. But I do know I have to have the answer by tomorrow so we can say yes and save these babies.
I know it is a regular thing for us to ask for urgent help. We certainly did not choose to be on the front lines. However, God has put us here for a reason and y'all are part of this amazing journey. The number of lives YOU have made it possible to save is absolutely astonishing. But as most of you know, the horses are in crisis, so instead of having the winter off to "re-group" like we are supposed to (haha), the emergencies just keep coming.
So I hope y'all understand that we have to ask, because without funding these babies could die. We are still trying to raise enough funds to pick up the miniatures and make sure they are all properly vetted with Health certs etc. Vetting is scheduled for the 22nd if we have the funds.
On a good note, we are making great progress on the "Nursery", considering how many horses we are involved in rescuing at this time.
AGAIN, THANK YOU AS ALWAYS for the love and support. As soon as we get a spare minute I will be back on our "thank you's".