The Chilly Pepper family is sending prayers for Las Vegas, and all the loved ones who are affected by this tragedy.
However, we are in an emergent type of situation here at home. Gypsum and Hope are hanging in there, and are extremely tired of all the shots (twice a day each) and the meds they are receiving.
Hope's pneumonia seems to be breaking up and she has not had a fever for the last few days. Gypsum is still struggling and we need to take both of them to the vet by tomorrow for further testing.
Gypsum has (hopefully had) an extremely life threatening infection. His good leg received this assessment by the vet. "The right front common digital extensor tendon had ruptured" So in addition to his contracted tendon, his potentially life threatening umbilical infection and pneumonia, his good leg is suffering. He needs another ultrasound ASAP and more blood work. We cannot wait as it could be life threatening if we do not stay on top of this infection,
Hope also needs more blood work and possibly additional medication as she is still coughing and wheezing from the pneumonia breaking up. We are hopeful it is just the gunk leaving her lungs, but we have to be sure.
It is always hard to ask folks to keep helping when so many do so much. But this is about the babies and the horses here at Chilly Pepper, and we are in an emergency situation at this point. We are simply "their voice" (and their private staff - literally 24/7 lol).
I am grateful a good friend had reminded me in the past of how important it is to keep emergency funds available. This saved our bacon on the last trip, but we now need funding for the additional vet care and the costs of caring for so many horses just increased substantially.
We spent nearly $800 on Gypsum's vet care prior to picking up the horses and saving the 9 slaughter babies. This is the reason he has a chance at life, as Doc Rodger (at Crossroads in CA) is the one who caught the deadly umbilical infection.
We then spent another $1486 at the vet in Idaho (for Hope and Gypsum). The trailer repairs were $800, and we spent over $800+ on medication and Coggins for the 9 babies in Washington. This doesn't include fuel etc. for the days we were out on this rescue, or to cover the ranch care while we were gone.
So it was well over $3800 in unexpected emergency costs in just the last two weeks, and we are spending over $2000 in feed for the babies and the new horses. (Many of these horses did not belong to Chilly Pepper originally). We were just asked to help place horses. However, apparently they are now "our horses". So this is where your donations are going. Without you none of these horses would be safe and most of them would already have been slaughtered.
So we are looking at 7 extra adult horses to feed and care for at the worst time of year, in addition to the ones we already had. We try to be really careful and responsible and we do say "No". However, due to the emergency situation we had no choice but to pick up these horses.
Some of them are in pretty good shape, but there are a few who are pretty thin. We are looking for sponsors for these ladies, and especially for Granny, an older Virginia Range horse that is now our responsibility thanks to trying to help place her. But she is such a sweet mare, so we will figure it out.
There are so many crisis in our world right now, but we have to keep feeding and caring for these kids. If you would like to help us give these babies every chance they deserve, they would so appreciate it. Both of them have survived unthinkable odds, and by the Grace of God and some pretty amazing Angels, both of them are still here and wanting to run and play.
Please help if you can. Each and every dollar adds up, and these beautiful little souls are gifts from God.
THANK YOU FROM ALL THE HORSES!
* A quick note. We moved from LRTC to WIN due to some of the projects being more closely connected. However, we are still working with LRTC and will continue to do so. Our Large Animal Rescue training (at LRTC) (and some awesome Angels) is what made it possible to save Hope. We want to once again thank Willis Lamm for helping us come up with a safe and successful plan to extricate Hope from the trailer full of wild and very anxious horses.
If you want to help You can go to You Caring - to help us keep saving lives..
You can go to Paypal - Palomino@chillypepper.org or go to our Donate & Supprt page
if you would like to help these horses.
You can donate via check at Chilly Pepper - Miracle Mustang, P.O. Box 190 Golconda, NV 89414 PLEASE MAKE CHECKS OUT TO "WIN", as Chilly Pepper's bank account is now under the name of our parent company
You can also donate via credit card by calling Palomino at 530-339-1458.
NO MATTER HOW BIG OR HOW SMALL - WE SAVE THEM ALL!
SAVING GOD'S CRITTERS - FOUR FEET AT A TIME
Chilly Pepper - Miracle Mustang, WIN Project - Rescue & Rehab
_We are now part of the WIN Organization
WIN (WILD HORSES IN NEED) is a 501c3 IRS EIN 55-0882407_
Ways To Donate
Venmo - @WIN-dba-ChillyPepper
Cash Ap. - $ChillyPepperMM
Via credit or debit card. 530-339-1458
Paypal - Palomino@chillypepper.org
Via check Chilly Pepper PO Box 233 Golconda, NV 89414
OUR MAILING ADDRESS
PO BOX 233
GOLCONDA, NV 89414