Where to begin. Matt and I were supposed to head back to NV together to take horses home, but the reality was I needed to stay so we could load out horses as time was running out. I am glad I stayed, as we have been successful in getting horse kids out, and every single one of them is a life saved.
The horses were scheduled to be taken to auction today and tomorrow and at the last minute we were given more time to keep up the adoptions. So I get to go home for Christmas but have been scheduled to be back sorting and loading up horses after the first of the new year.
Since my last update, the truck was in the shop for a new water pump & repairs to the tune of $1200 +. Matt left about a week ago to head back to NV and bring a load of horses to Chilly Pepper. While on his way back this morning, he heard some crunching and grinding noises, so he is once again sitting in the shop waiting for the truck to be repaired. Praying it won't be too spendy, but we need it to be in good condition to safely tow the thousands of miles we are running. To date we have about 10,000 miles just on the ISPMB horses between running back and forth (Matt is on his 4th trip) and delivering some of the horses to their new homes. Unfortunately, we are seriously going to need a newer truck at some point. We have about 250,000 actual miles on this one, and she has been working hard for the horses. But prayers are much appreciated for safe travel.
We are a little over half way to meeting the $10,000 challenge. So many folks are helping to make sure we save as many lives as we can. Every penny is appreciated and put to good use. Although I can't wait to go home, and weather conditions are just getting colder and we have another "blizzard" coming our way, we will continue to load out trailers and sort whatever we can.
We also have 3 little ones in the trailer who need some special care. One was attacked by a coyote, so please send prayers for these kids too.
All I can say is Thank You and God Bless everyone who is helping in any way. Prayers are so appreciated, as it is heartbreaking beyond measure watching these horses and knowing we may not be able to save them all. Obviously financial donations keep us able to pay for help at home while we are gone and to keep doing what we need to do.
Honestly I am praying for such a huge break once this is finally over. Not looking forward to coming back to sorting in blizzard conditions, but whatever we can do to finish out what we started will be done. At least we will all know that together, we gave it absolutely every single thing we could, and saved each and every horse we could. Thank you so much for that.
I know so many folks have already donated and we are so blessed to be able to save these horses. However, as we are a little over half way there, and when an Angel steps up and offers to match up to $10,000, I want to keep y'all updated. God bless and please send prayers for safe travel.
Please keep praying for safety, strength, warmer weather and a miracle. I know miracles can happen, and we truly need one. It seems like we keep getting new kids to take home, including these 3 little ones. Winter here is harsh and can be extremely hard on the little ones. So as usual, everything changes minute to minute.
If you want to help You can go to You Caring - to help us keep saving lives and to give Shadow the life she deserves. (And to make the pen bigger for all her new blind friends.)
You can go to Paypal - Palominodancer@yahoo.com or go to www.chillypepper.org if you would like to help these horses.
You can donate via check at Chilly Pepper - Miracle Mustang, P.O. Box 190 Golconda, NV 89414
You can also donate via credit card by calling Palomino at 530-339-1458.
** NO MATTER HOW BIG OR HOW SMALL
WE SAVE THEM ALL!
SAVING GOD'S CRITTERS - FOUR FEET AT A TIME